The Building 12 Fab.nano cleanroom laboratories consists of the lower level (class 100), upper level (class 100, 1k, 10k), and 5th level (class 10k) cleanroom spaces.
Safety training requirements:
- General Chemical Hygiene (EHS00100)
- Managing Hazardous Waste (EHS00501)
- Hydrofluoric Acid (EHS00130)
- MIT.nano Orientation
- MIT.nano Emergency Preparedness (covered during orientation)
- MIT.nano Cleanroom Protocol Training (covered during orientation)
- MIT.nano Chemical Hygiene Plan
- FAB.nano Quick Start for New Users
In addition to the core training requirements for the Fab.nano cleanroom laboratories, specialized toolsets within Fab.nano may require more training. The Lloyd's Mirror Interference Lithography system in the lower level cleanroom utilizes a class 3b laser, which necessitates additional safety training in order to become qualified on this tool.
Laser add-on training requirements:
- Laser Safety
Note: As with all MIT.nano facilities, safety trainings are not synonymous with tool trainings, and do not directly qualify users to operate tools.